Tuesday, May 22, 2012

30 Days of Juice


Over the (ridiculously messy) weekend my friend Lauren and I decided that we need to juice. I've been juicing on and off now for a few months, but my juicing efforts have pretty much consisted of whenever we were testing juice for Raw Generation. I am still having issues with my skin. I am still having issues with my monthly EPISODE (although not as bad as before). I want to lose the last 10. And Lauren has a lot of food allergies that she would like to try to get rid of along with a few lbs. I am confident this can be done with a juicing/raw foods diet. And what better time to do it! It's about to be hot as balls and juice is sooooo refreshing!

So we decided to start juicing together! Mainly so we have someone to bitch talk to about it. Yesterday we both bought our own juicers (Walmart- $30 and $50- NO EXCUSES!), and are going to try this for 30 days. I am probably going to continue eating some of the raw foods that I was already eating along with pieces of fruit, but the majority of my "diet" will consist of fresh pressed juices. I am actually looking forward to this because for some time now, I have been feeling like I need this in my life.

Juice cleanse companies have been popping up everywhere. They are advocating 3 to 5 to 7 day juice cleanses- and are charging a lot of money for juices that are a lot of filler fruits and vegetables. What do I mean by filler? The fruits and veggies that give off a lot of liquid- apple, cucumber, celery. There is no doubt that they are healthy for you, but they are charging an awful lot of money for diluted juice.

(PS...this is the amount of greens that are in each bottle of
Raw Generation's 50/50 blend of half fruit and half greens)

Juicing should be part of a daily healthy lifestyle to get the best results. Disease prevention is long term. I am doing a "heavy juice diet" for the next month to clean myself out and enforce the habit of incorporating juice into my life. One of my main goals for my health is to make sustainable healthy changes that I can maintain for the long haul so that I can give myself every chance at preventing disease.

Here's one of the juices I made yesterday that is REALLY good:

  • 1 head kale (stems removed)
  • 1 head collards (stems removed)
  • 1 lemon (skin removed)
  • 3 small apples
  • 1/2 cucumber
  • 1/2 pear

Who else wants to start juicing???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...