Monday, November 5, 2012

Back in NJ

Well, I finally made my way back to New Jersey. I got in 2 a.m. Friday morning and was never so happy to be home. It is so weird that almost 2 weeks ago I left and everything was normal. I came home to gas lines that were hours long, barely any stores open, most people still without power, and many that had lost everything. My family and I were fortunate to not have any damage, and I was lucky enough to come home to a warm apartment with electricity, cable, and internet.

My heart goes out to those who were less fortunate. I wish everyone a safe and speedy recovery. It will take a while to get back to normal, but we will. It's NJ. We don't have the reputation we do for no reason.


On the brighter side, I thought I would be eating canned food for a while, but low and behold I found some goodies in the garden. I didn't think we would be harvesting veggies into November, but lucky us!

Stay strong New Jersey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...