|not a very appetizing picture, but I assure you it was FANTASTIC!|
This might be my favorite new recipe that I've ever made... ever! The recipe I found online was super complicated, which I can't stand. So I seriously simplified it for you guys. I made this for the Superbowl, and it was a pretty big hit. But this is one of those things that you can make for just about anything, and I plan on making it way more than once and a while.
- 3 cans organic sweet corn
- 1 lg sweet onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 small red potatoes, chopped into small cubes
- 1 box organic chicken stock
- 1/3 box organic vegetable stock
- 2 containers crab claw meat
- 1/4 stick butter
- olive oil, a few splashes
- salt, pepper, ground cloves, seafood seasoning to taste
- 2 c. half & half
- Heat olive oil and butter in pot on med/low heat. Chop onions & saute in butter/oil mixture. Add in garlic after onions are soft.
- Add in 1 can of corn and chopped potatoes.
- Take other 2 cans of corn (including water) and blend in blender/vitamix until it is a creamy consistency.
- Add in corn and chicken stock. Bring to a boil for 10 minutes. Stir every few minutes.
- Turn heat to low.
- Add in seasonings a little at a time, stir, and taste, adding until desired taste. (Go easy on the cloves at first...they are a very strong flavor.)
- Add in crab meat and half and half to desired creaminess!
If you are making it for a party, you might want to set some aside for yourself as leftovers (we did). It goes fast with seafood lovers!