Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Hi.... I'm Jess. I think I used to write a blog

It's been a while. Sorry! Fortunately, I have nothing healthy to report to you. I have been keeping my head above water for the past few weeks and everything, aside from the occasional workout and occasional green juice, has fallen by the wayside.

The only thing I've cooked in the past 3 weeks has been my WORLD FAMOUS banana bread. Lucky you because I am about to share the once-secret recipe with you.



  • 2 c. whole wheat flour
  • 1 c. brown sugar
  • 1 stick organic butter (softened)
  • 2 farm eggs
  • 5 overripe (black) bananas
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 2 splashes vanilla extract
  • spices: ground ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Mix together sugar and salt, butter, eggs, bananas, and spices.
  3. Add in flour a little at a time until all is mixed in. 
  4. Bake for 1 hour, or until knife comes out clean from the middle of pan
They key to my moist-ass-banana-bread is the 5 overripe bananas. Any less and it just isn't the same. A great breakfast on a cold morning. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...