The only thing I've cooked in the past 3 weeks has been my WORLD FAMOUS banana bread. Lucky you because I am about to share the once-secret recipe with you.
- 2 c. whole wheat flour
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 1 stick organic butter (softened)
- 2 farm eggs
- 5 overripe (black) bananas
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 splashes vanilla extract
- spices: ground ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together sugar and salt, butter, eggs, bananas, and spices.
- Add in flour a little at a time until all is mixed in.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until knife comes out clean from the middle of pan
They key to my moist-ass-banana-bread is the 5 overripe bananas. Any less and it just isn't the same. A great breakfast on a cold morning.