Thursday, December 20, 2012

Is it a Christmas Miracle... or ear candling?


So normally I get sick at least once during the Christmas season. It's usually a combination of lack of sleep, too much stress, and/or burning the candle at both ends. Anyway I cut it, I get sick. This year, even though I was surrounded by sick people, I (knock on wood) haven't gotten sick yet.

I have a crazy suspicion that I know why I didn't get sick. There was one day a few weeks back that I started to feel like I was getting sick. It was the kind that starts in the back of your throat and it feels like your ears hurt. I got home and planned on sleeping it off, but before I got into bed I candled my ears. Then I got on the phone and before I knew it, it was like 2 hours later and I felt completely better. That was odd!

Yesterday morning I woke up and felt the same I'm-definitely-getting-sick feeling. So I immediately candled my ears, and it pretty much went away.

One of the things that I've noticed (it's about to get really REAL) in my ear candling experiences is that when I've had mine done and I haven't been sick the ear wax comes out like a waxy powder. When I've done it, either to myself when I feel like I'm about to get a cold or to my friends after they've become sick, the ear wax comes out in dark clumps. Gross I know, but it's something to think about. I have heard it said by a few doctors I respect that the ear wax in your ears is the perfect breeding ground for colds and infections.

Welp... I'm sure some could argue that this is just a theory, but I'm convinced. And I'll be candling my ears every time I feel like I'm coming down with something.

That is all. You can go back to your day :)

2 comments:

  1. That is very interesting, I have a couple tricks I use for when I start to feel sick but I have never heard of this before. How did you learn to do it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't remember actually hearing about it specifically working for colds, however I can feel when my ears start to get clogged which has happened to coincide with me feeling sick. So I guess it was just a lucky coincidence. Thanks for reading!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...