Friday, August 24, 2012

I've figured out my body (for now)

bibb lettuce is my absolute favorite lately
So over the past year I have been seriously experimenting with changing my diet. My ultimate goal is to find a  healthy way of eating that is sustainable for me for the long haul. But one of my more immediate goals was to lose the weight I had gained in college and after (yes, I am still dealing with it- but I figure the longer it takes to get it off the longer it will stay off- hopefully forever!).

I've tried all raw, high raw, no specific way of eating (usually including a lot of eating out), no meat, no dairy.

What I've found works for me is this: fruit and/or juice in the morning, an omelette for lunch (between 11am and 3pm), and then more juice and salads in the evening.

With this specific "diet" I get the best of both worlds. I end up drinking a lot of juice and eating some fruits and vegetables, and I don't go into the evening starving and craving salty carbs (can be deadly). I have my big meal in the middle of the day which is digested by early evening so all I want is a small light meal.

I lose weight this way, not even working out. This is what I did the week before and after the Raw Generation launch when I was too busy to work out, and guess what?

I lost weight literally effortlessly!!

It took me a long time to figure out the balance between getting enough nutrition in my body and feeling satisfied, but I did it.

When you find the balance that is right for your body, weight-loss can literally be effortless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...