Monday, August 6, 2012

Reflecting on the last year


I started this blog a year ago to document all of the things I found out about in terms of diet and preventing disease. Well, it's a year later and I'm still disease free and awesome! Haha, but seriously I know it is a lifelong process of making little decisions every day that will add up to lasting health and happiness. Over the past year I've not only made some leaps and bounds with my diet, but I've come to realize that it's a lot more than what we eat. It's not about being a perfect vegetarian or 100% raw all the time. It's more about the whole picture.

It's about trying to be happy as much as possible, and surrounding yourself with great people that are not only going to support you but push you to be a better person. It's not about being perfect. It's about being able to laugh at yourself when you do something ridiculous. It's about giving yourself a pass to have a "lazy" day. It's about pushing yourself to live an active life and listening to your body when it needs to sleep.

We are all going to die (Debbie downer I know), but as much as it's about prolonging my life it's also about creating the best life possible.

Because, what's the point of striving to live until 110 if I'm not enjoying the ride? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...