- Using the snooze button. While a few minutes more in bed may be tempting, using the snooze button could backfire as interrupted sleep can increase your fatigue. GUILTY!
- Irregular sleep schedule. A regular routine of going to bed and getting up around the same time each day will help promote better sleep, while constantly interrupting your schedule can easily lead to insomnia and fatigue. GUILTY!
- Taking long naps during the day. GUILTY!
- Eating sugar before bedtime. Sugar alters the chemical balance in your body, which can contribute to impaired sleep. UMM...SOMETIMES...
- Drinking coffee or caffeinated beverages too late in the day. GUILTY!
Since I am in the middle of a crazy work schedule right now, I have found it really hard to maintain taking care of myself. I haven't worked out consistently in like a month, I've barely been juicing, and I've been eating out a lot. But the one thing I know I need to stay on top of is my sleep.