Tuesday, November 13, 2012

I love bibb lettuce


Since discovering how much I love bibb lettuce salads with other kinds of lettuce just don't compare. I probably wrote about this before, but the best way to make a salad with bibb lettuce is just add dressing. The second best way is what I'm about to tell you. I discovered it on the menu at my FAVORITE restaurant/bar/nightclub over the summer and I just made it myself.

I'm not exactly sure how they make the apricot vinaigrette so I winged it:

  • handful of dried apricots (organic, unsulfured)
  • raw apple cider vinegar
  • raw olive oil
  • water
  • bibb lettuce
  • Gorgonzola cheese
  • walnuts
  1. Soak the dried apricots in water overnight (they will take their original shape when done)
  2. In food processor, add apricots (including water from soaking), oil and vinegar, blend.
  3. Toss lettuce and dressing in bowl.
  4. Top with crumbled Gorgonzola cheese (organic) and crushed walnuts.
AMAZEBALLS! While the dressing is not exactly the same, it gives a similar sweet effect. This is definitely one of those things I could eat every day.

One thing about nuts. EAT THEM! (unless you are allergic) They are packed with vitamins, minerals, and healthy fats. There is nothing wrong with eating fat if it comes from the right source! Right source- fruits, vegetables, nuts. Wrong source: hydrogenated oils, fried foods, candy bars, etc. You get the point.  

And I'm eating my second bowl right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...