Tuesday, January 3, 2012

My workout GOALS for 2012

someecards.com - Why do I sign up for all these damn workout challenges?

Well I did it again...signed myself up for another workout challenge. Except instead of only lasting 5 weeks, this one is a year long. A few weeks ago I had made one of my goals to workout 5 days a week (M-F). I figured the best possible way to achieve this is to put it in my calendar and to go immediately after work. Last year I had made it my goal to workout twice a week with my trainer, which I accomplished (for the most part). Time to up the ante. 

This is what I had planned before I got wind of the challenge:
  • M- 1 hr lifting and 20 min cardio
  • T- 1 hour cardio
  • W- 1 hour lifting and 20 min cardio
  • Th- 1 hour hot yoga
  • F- 1 hour cardio
The challenge I just signed up for is to run/walk 1000 miles in 2012. That rounds out to 2.75 miles per day (or 20 miles per week). So I am going to have to run/walk at least 5 days a week. This is what it is going to take:
  • M- 1 hr lifting & 2 mile run
  • T-  2 mile run & 3 mile walk
  • W- 1 hour lifting & 2 mile run
  • Th- 1 hour hot yoga
  • F- 2 mile run & 3 mile walk
  • S- 6 mile walk
Does this sound too ambitious??? Do you have workout goals for 2012?

2 comments:

  1. you are a workout warrior! i am attending my first session of crossfit bootcamp tonight...it's a month long situation. i am slightly scared!

    in general though, i just want to make working out a part of my general lifestyle rather than thinking of it as this big, insurmountable thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are totally right. I started with just 2 days a week over a year ago I used to try talking myself out of going EVERY DAY (nothing against you James) but now it is such a habit that I feel I can do this 1000 mile challenge.

    Now I only try to talk myself out on Mondays ha!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...