Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Change Happens When You Ask For Help

What does it mean when a butterfly lands on you?
This little guy was very content sitting on my shoe :)

Last week I attended a 3 day conference given by two wonderful women, Carey & Stacey, that are Institute for Integrative Nutrition (IIN) grads and holistic entrepreneurs. I have to be honest when I say I really had no idea what this conference was about or what I would get out of it, all I knew was that there would be a room filled with people from IIN and I could use it as a networking opportunity.

I wasn't even sure if I was going to stay for all three days. I was talking myself out of it before I even got there- something I am pretty good at. I didn't even want to go the morning of, but something inside forced me to get myself there.

Let me preface what I am about to share with you with a fact: they were literally the best 3 days of my life thus far. It has been 3 full days since I left and I am still digesting all that I learned about myself. Here is my one huge revelation that I came away with:

  • I did not grow up in a comfortable environment and it was even more uncomfortable when I needed to ask for help. EFFECT: I became very self-sufficient.
  • I take on everything because I am uncomfortable asking for help. I think I can do it all until I am totally overloaded and completely stressed out. EFFECT: I don't let myself ask for help until I am reduced to tears and anxiety attacks.
  • I have been attracted to people who are incapable of helping me, and in fact they are incapable of taking care of themselves. REASON: I know I can't ask them for help and I don't have to feel uncomfortable.  
This was a HUGE thing for me to realize. I have to be able to ask for help so that I don't get to my breaking point. I can change everything that I put in my mouth and think I am more healthy, but in fact, stress is just as big of an indication in whether people succumb to disease (in my humble opinion). So until I am fully capable of  becoming more comfortable asking for help when I need it, I am not doing everything I can to prevent disease in myself, especially since I am prone to becoming stressed out easily. 

I am making it one of my priorities to ask for help, and surround myself with people who are capable of helping me. And I am asking you for help. I am asking for those of you who are ready to make real improvements in your life to work with me. Whether it be around your health, or love, or breaking through to the life that you want to live, change happens when you ask for help. 

I have struggled through most of the change that I have made for myself, and through that I have figured out the steps necessary to take my life to the next level. You don't have to struggle to figure it out. 

If you are ready to change, make a commitment to yourself and ask me for help. 

With love, Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...