Monday, May 21, 2012

Slow & Steady Wins the Race

I often feel like I am not doing things fast enough. Intellectually I know this is ridiculous because I am probably one of the most productive people on the planet, but still I get caught in the mental booby trap. I think part of this is because my to-do list NEVER gets any shorter, and I am always finding new things to do.

One of the things that I feel is not moving fast enough is the development of our new juice business- Raw Generation. I know in the grand scheme of things 4 months is not a long time to develop and launch a business, but it just seems to be dragging on. I feel like we should be ready by now to launch. We have a few things left to develop, but I feel like I have been saying that now for the past 2 months. There are always "a few more things" to do. I need to draw a line in the sand (otherwise this could go on indefinitely).

One of our accomplishments last week was designing our labels that are to go on the bottles. I have to say I am sooo happy with them!


So, I guess I am writing through my frustration, and I just need to tell myself that I am making progress even though it doesn't seem fast enough. My to-do list will never go away. Slow and steady wins the race! This way of thinking gets me trapped in anxiety-producing thoughts that feed on themselves. I know this, and I recognize it happening to me right now. If you change your thoughts you change your feelings. Remember that!

Do any of you feel the same way sometimes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...