Friday, May 4, 2012

Mark Bittman on Brown Rice


I know my posts have been a little on the heavy side lately. Sorry, I went off on a tangent that I had to get out of my system. This quick video is a great way to cook brown rice. Also, the great thing about brown rice is that (besides being a whole grain) you can cook a ton of it at once, keep it in the refrigerator, and mix it a bunch of different ways.

I think we may have a 5 ways here:

  • w/ black beans, chopped raw onions, curry powder, paprika, & turmeric
  • w/ chopped carrots, onions, and peas, salt & pepper (like in the video)
  • w/ chopped tomato, basil, cucumber, feta cheese, salt & pepper
  • w/ sweet potato, black beans, butter, & garamasala spice
  • w/ olive oil and chopped herbs de provence (marjoram, thyme, basil, rosemary, sage & fennel)
Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...