I know my posts have been a little on the heavy side lately. Sorry, I went off on a tangent that I had to get out of my system. This quick video is a great way to cook brown rice. Also, the great thing about brown rice is that (besides being a whole grain) you can cook a ton of it at once, keep it in the refrigerator, and mix it a bunch of different ways.
I think we may have a 5 ways here:
- w/ black beans, chopped raw onions, curry powder, paprika, & turmeric
- w/ chopped carrots, onions, and peas, salt & pepper (like in the video)
- w/ chopped tomato, basil, cucumber, feta cheese, salt & pepper
- w/ sweet potato, black beans, butter, & garamasala spice
- w/ olive oil and chopped herbs de provence (marjoram, thyme, basil, rosemary, sage & fennel)