Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Best Sandwich Ever- Part II


Umm...delicious! And simple.

So I made the bread this afternoon. It is so easy and only takes about 10 minutes of your time. The rest is just time for the dough to rise and baking time.

Bread Recipe:

  • 2 c. whole wheat flour
  • 1 c. bread flour
  • 1 1/2 c. water
  • 1 pkg. yeast
  • 1/2 tsp. sugar
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • olive oil, drizzle
Knead 10 minutes. TIP: if you have a Kitchen-aid mixer, attach the dough hook turn it on and just add the ingredients in as it does the work. It does not need to be dough before you use the hook. Let rise for 45-60 minutes. Bake in 350 degree oven for 35 minutes. Oh yeah, I almost forgot....this time I put fresh chopped garlic and thyme in it.

See the slivers!!! This addition really gives it some
great flavor and aroma.
Time to make the sandwich...

cut slices
heat butter
choose tomatoes
chop tomatoes
add salt and pepper
cook each side in butter- think crispy like grilled cheese
top with any herb or not...I chose basil
What an amazingly simple meal! I might have this for breakfast too! Kidding, how can I skip my morning smoothie?

(You might say that is quite a large portion of bread! I normally only eat bread/refined carbs at one meal if at all. The rest of today I ate a giant smoothie, salmon salad {canned salmon, canola mayo, celery, carrots, spicy mustard}, tossed salad w/ homemade parmesan pepercorn dressing, and this sandwich. Not too shabby!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...