Saturday, October 1, 2011

Easy Eggs Benny


My favorite breakfast meal by far. I usually get it without the hollandaise sauce because most places make it from a powder- yuck! And I'm positive that powder has all sorts of terrible food like substances in it. So, I was inspired to make my own.

This meal actually took me less than 15 minutes to make start to finish. Put the bread in the toaster. Heat up 2 pans, one for the eggs and one for the spinach. Follow recipe below for the hollandaise sauce. Coat pans with butter. Saute spinach and cook eggs at same time- both should finish at the same time. Top with hollandaise, salt & pepper. Eggs Bennys in my mouth!

Hollandaise Sauce

  • handful raw cashews
  • juice from 1/2 lemon
  • drizzle of olive oil
  • water to desired consistency (should not be too runny)
Mix in blender (for small things like this I use the Magic Bullet- you can get them at Costco). It doesn't taste exactly like traditional hollandaise, but it achieves the same creamy effect and adds a healthy fat to this dish.


For any leftover hollandaise, you can mix with apple cider vinegar and some more olive oil to make a creamy salad dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...