Thursday, October 20, 2011

Quick Lunch & Out the Door


It's finally soup season! I am a soup/stew/casserole/big-pot-of-pasta-sauce fanatic during the colder months. Today, unfortunately, I did not have the time to make a big pot of something warm. So I opted for a can of Amy's Organic Soups; this one is the vegetable barley. I haven't found one that I dislike yet. I just added a little thyme (something I am running short on today), heated it in the microwave, and sucked it down. It is a little pricey, but worth it in my opinion if you want to eat something, warm, healthy, and quick. I promise to put up my recipes as I start making them...definitely over the weekend.


Last night I bought new running shoes. Did I ever mention before that I hate working out? Well, I hate it. The only way I have found to successfully build a habit of working out is if I know I am paying someone a lot of money to train me (force me). Don't get me wrong, I know full well the health benefits (both physical and mental) of regularly working out, and I do feel better about myself now than I did even a few months ago, but every day that I am not scheduled to meet with my trainer is a STRUGGLE to get myself to workout. Well, after yesterday's monsoon, I woke up to a beautifully sunny, fall day (and I fear it may be one of the last). So I am going to force myself to put on my new running shoes and get outside for an hour or so. It has taken me over 2 hours to successfully get my ass out from behind my desk and go for a run (fast walk).


Hopefully there will still be butterflies everywhere. They only come around the beach in the fall when these beach weeds (not sure what they are?) bloom.


Wish me luck! (It's really windy out there)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...