Four weeks really does go by in a flash! It was summer when I started this, and now it is beautifully fall. As much as I love fall, it makes me sad when summer ends. Hopefully we won't get as brutal a winter as last year.
|Afternoon canoe ride with my dad!|
|These fall flowers were everywhere.|
After comparing today's sheet with my first ever weigh-in exactly one year ago, I am very pleased with myself. It is too easy to beat yourself up over the short term ups and downs, but the real story is told over time. One year ago on October 4th I weighed in at 162.7 lbs, today I am 157.6 lbs. I have lost 10.2 lbs of fat and gained 5.1 lbs of muscle. My percent body fat started at 34.2 and is now at 28.8- that's a 5.4% reduction! That is pretty good over the course of 1 year if I must say so myself. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!!! Every year I buy myself a present, but this year I think I feel good just knowing that the 10 lbs of FAT is gone...that is my gift to myself.
Some people would say that I should have been able to get down to my ideal weight by now, but I am more concerned with making long lasting habits than quickly loosing weight. I have done that before and it does not stay off. I am very conscious of making sustainable changes now. For instance, I go to the gym now as much as I can (sometimes it's 5 days a week, sometimes its 1 day), but I still go out and party whenever the need strikes. There is no point in me being strict with myself, because at the end I am going to over compensate and undo all of the progress. I am a true Libra...all things need to be balanced.
What I learned about myself:
- I can do just about anything for 4 weeks.
- I really do not need to give myself anxiety over finishing things.
- My body is loving all of the fruits and vegetables I have been giving it.
- I cannot eat the same volume of fruit as I can when I drink a smoothie.
- I still feel the need to "eat" real food. I cannot smoothie my way into health just yet.
- I want my next goal to be to start making raw meals. I think I will start with lunches.
- I pee a lot more when I drink smoothies.
- I stopped my need for coffee every morning.
- I feel the need to make better food choices throughout the day when I start my mornings off with a smoothie.
- I don't need to take fiber any more if you know what I mean
- I am craving healthy foods!
I really encourage everyone to go out, buy a blender (if you do not already have one), and start experimenting with making smoothies for breakfast. I promise, you will feel so much better, and it will springboard you into making healthier decisions.