Friday, September 30, 2011

CHALLENGE Day #21- Woohooo!

a beautiful surprise delivery
This week's weigh-in really clarified for me what my body is capable of if given the proper food- and I even had to weigh-in a day early.

My notes are scribbled. My body fat need to be in the low 30's and kept
under 28% of my total weight.
This is what I have learned and observed:
  • I didn't loose any weight, actually I gained half a pound, however, I lost 2.3 lbs of body fat and I gained 2.8 lbs of muscle! 
  • The one thing that I did differently was I ate more protein. I still ate fruit and vegetable smoothies for the first half of the day with a cooked dinner consisting of either fish or eggs with veggies and/or carbs. 
  • I went to my trainer 3 days which equates to 3 hours of working out last week.
  • It's nice to be complemented by my trainer for a job well done!
  • I DID NOT EAT LOW FAT ANYTHING, in fact I ate full fat foods like butter and olive oil. 
  • I ATE A LOT OF FRUIT. 
  • I ate homemade bread. 
  • I DRANK WINE, not a lot, but a few glasses on a few different occasions. 
  • I have had 2 cups of coffee in the last 2 or 3 weeks. This is amazing because I used to start every morning off with at least 1 huge cup of coffee. It wasn't a morning if I didn't have my coffee. 
  • I did not try to loose weight.
  • Protein powder does not taste good in fruit and vegetable smoothies.
  • I'm still just as enthusiastic about using coconut oil instead of lotions and creams.
I'm pumped!

I wrote in my last update on CHALLENGE Day # 14 that I bought a brown rice protein powder to see about adding it into my morning smoothies. Well, protein powder and fruit just don't mix in my opinion. I tried and no matter what I did all I tasted was the vanilla flavor protein. I did however come up with a smoothie that I'm sure is not new, however I had forgotten about how much I loved it.

PROTEIN SMOOTHIE
  • 2 heaping tbsp. natural peanut butter
  • 1 frozen banana
  • 2 fresh bananas
  • 1 heaping tbsp. raw cocao nibs (a powerful anti-oxidant)
  • 1 tbsp. brown rice protein powder
  • coconut water to desired consistency (you could also use almond or rice milk)
So good!
Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...