|sprouted red wheat berries|
Creates 1 tray in dehydrator, about 10 flat bread crackers
- 1 c. hard red wheat berries, sprouted
- 1/4 c. flax seeds
- 2 tbsp. raw honey
- 1/2 c. warm water
- To sprout the seeds, you need to put them in a mason jar w/ sprouting lid or in a nut milk bag. Soak overnight, drain, let sit. Rinse every 6 hours or so for 24 hours.
- Mix raw honey in warm water until dissolved.
- Put sprouted seeds, flax seeds, and honey water in food processor until thoroughly mixed.
- Spread mash on dehydrator tray w/ sheet.
- Dehydrate for 16 hrs.
The reason you want to sprout seeds is because it turns them from dormant to living. Sprouts are very nutritious because they contain all elements a plant needs for life and growth. The endosperm of the seed is the storehouse of carbohydrates, protein, and oil. When the seed germinates, these become predigested amino acids and natural sugars upon which the plant embryo feeds as it grows to maturity. When used as food, the life force is released and supplies the energy which is capable of generating healthy cells in the body and supplying us with new vigor and life. (source)
Double YUM!!! I am going to start testing other recipes for these crackers. I want to get these going for Raw Generation asap.