Monday, October 29, 2012

I'm stuck

So a week ago I wrote that I was creatively stuck. Well I just finished the conference, got myself unstuck, and now I'm physically stuck... in Los Angeles. Hurricane Sandy has shut down the northeast so I'll be out here until Thursday.

It may be a blessing in disguise. I made so much progress creatively and personally while I attended the conference. Now I am stuck here with my computer and a lot of time to organize my thoughts, reach out to all of the great contacts I've made, and make a game plan for where I want to take Raw Generation after our other business wraps up after the holidays. It turns out being stuck here isn't such a bad thing.

all raw juices & kombucha from Whole Foods

I'm also gonna get some sun, a lot of sleep, and drink a lot of juice. Luckily, there was a Whole Foods a few miles down the road so I took a cab and stocked up for the next few days. I also have a bunch of Recipe #1's left over from the conference so I can get my greens while I'm here (hence the jugs of unpasteurized apple and orange juices- can't deal with straight veggie juice just yet). The thought of eating room service for the next 3 1/2 days makes me want to VOM, not to mention how easily it is to gain weight that way.

P.S.- if you are staying in a hotel and it doesn't have a refrigerator (or one stocked with alcohol and candy bars like mine) call the service desk and ask if they can have one brought up like I did.

Hope all of you on the East coast are staying alive and dry! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...