Monday, November 21, 2011

Ready to go RAW...almost


Since I'm sure you are all aware now, I have been working like crazy.  SO...I enlisted my friend Lisa to prepare a bunch of raw foods for me so I could keep them at work. I told her what I don't like (beets) and gave her how much I wanted to spend a week, and VOILA! She appeared with tasty raw food. This has lifted such a burden. I was getting sick of eating the same things everyday.

A funny thing happened last week. I can laugh about it now because it is over, but at the time I was dying (not literally). The day after Lisa dropped off my food I got my lady episode. I call it an episode and not a period because I think if I were to be studied by doctors they would diagnose me with severe rage, emotional swings, and abnormal tolerance for loss of fluids (I'll spare you the details), or weathermen might compare it to an F-5 tornado that leaves very little standing. Anyway, I was caught off guard like I am every month, because for some reason I have not been capable of tracking my episode since it started 16 years ago. So, I took a lot of Tylenol.

AND...I ate all fruits and vegetables. I had a mini meltdown in the middle of the day for no reason other than I wanted to rip out my uterus and lower back (despite all of the Tylenol). I am hoping that with all these healthy foods I am eating this will eventually get better. Anyways...I overdid it with the Tylenol BIG TIME! I ended up with the awful urge to vomit all over everything for the rest of the night and the following day. If any of you know me I would rather die than throw up, so naturally I made myself miserable for several hours. I couldn't eat anything because all I had was raw vegetable dishes, and every time I thought of it my mouth started to water and a wave of nausea took over. I couldn't talk about it, I couldn't think about it, I couldn't look at it.

My dad brought up food a couple of times in our conversation before I went home. I immediately glazed over and tuned everything out so I could fight the wave of VOM that wanted to come out. I asked him if we could not speak about food. His response was, 'Sure, but if you throw up on yourself you can blog about it'. (or something along those lines) Thanks Dad :)

That was supposed to be my first "all raw" day. Suffice it to say, I became so hungry after not being able to eat anything I had that I had to stop and get McDonald's french fries. That was the only thing that I could think about that didn't make me want to puke. Sorry Lisa, I promise it wasn't your food. It was the damn Tylenol.

So that night and the next day I ate pasta with butter (my favorite comfort food) and my cauliflower and leek soup. By Friday night I felt all better, just in time for Mexican and wine!!!

What is the moral of the story? I need to buy Advil instead of Tylenol. Tylenol does nothing for me (except bother my stomach).

Does anyone know of any natural pain relievers I could take? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...