Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving Contributions


Thanksgiving is quite possibly my favorite holiday. I love cooking, getting dressed up, eating too much, and sleeping it off. My mother and I drove to my sister and future brother-in-law's house today to help with the cooking and other preparations.

My contributions are my soon-to-be world famous spinach & artichoke dip and blackberry bread pudding. I have written about my bread pudding before as a great use for left-over bread. This time however I bought really great whole wheat bread from a local market. I would have made from scratch only I definitely didn't have enough time. You can see the recipe here, but I took pictures of the process.

mash up 1 banana
break bread into small chunks
pour milk/egg mixture into bread and mix
mix in blackberries..YUM!
On to the next one...SPINACH & ARTICHOKE DIP (w/ goat cheese)

I used to use sour cream or cream cheese, but now I use organic Greek yogurt
chop up quartered artichokes and mix with sauteed spinach
(saute in garlic and butter or olive oil)
add in the best thing ever made!
I want to eat this right now.
We aren't going to bake this or the bread pudding until tomorrow so all of the flavors have plenty of time to develop.

On to dinner (pizza) and then cherry pies!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...