Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Good health makes a lot of sense....

(source)

...but it doesn't make a lot of dollars. In the past few years since I have become aware of what it is to be healthy, and what our options are for treating disease, I have come to realize that the people that control our options are out of whack. I mean that there is a huge push to take pharmaceuticals for anything and everything. And the more I educate myself on this subject the more I realize that our regulatory agencies (i.e . the FDA) are in bed with the pharmaceutical companies and the pharmaceutical companies are in bed with our doctors.

This is a perfect storm. We are directly advertised to on television by the pharmaceutical companies. Prescriptions are pushed on us by our doctors. Nutrition is RARELY if ever brought up by our doctors. And when we try to find alternative therapies that may help our situations, the FDA puts up road blocks.

In all of the hours and days and weeks I have been researching since Nani was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in March of 2010, I have come across stories of people who have had to jump through hurdles to get the treatment they believed they needed. People who have tried the conventional (chemo, radiation, surgery) therapies that failed them and their family members, people who have tried to get an alternative cancer therapy who have been denied access to something that may help cure themselves or their family members.

Why does this happen? Well, in my (humble) opinion, it is because there is big money in pharmaceuticals and no money in promoting nutrition. We are a sick country that relies heavily on drugs. Those huge drug companies have a vested interest in keeping people sick and on their drugs. I hate to be all conspiracy theory on you, but it's true. It's out there and there are people that are willing to talk about their experiences with all of this.

If you have a few minutes, please watch the video below of an interview of a father who went through a tragic experience when his daughter was diagnosed with a very serious, very rare brain cancer. It's about an hour long, but even if you can watch 5 or 10 minutes, his story is very inspiring.

People Against Cancer is a website where you can go to find additional options for your cancer treatment. They review your medical records and recommend any treatment- conventional or alternative- that has ever had any success treating the type of cancer you may have. It would be a good place to start if you or someone you know is dealing with cancer and wants other options than the big three- chemo, radiation, & surgery.

From what I have learned, there are non-toxic treatments out there that have pretty good cure rates (depending on the type of cancer). I do not believe that the big three are our only options, and (bold statement) I've said it before and I will say it again, chemo and radiation would not be my first choice if I were to discover that I had cancer. I believe wholeheartedly that the body has an amazing ability to cure itself if given the proper nutrition. And there are doctors and clinics out there that believe the same thing and treat cancers with nutrition therapies.

If you want more information on alternative therapies, I wrote about some of the ones that I am aware of in my post Alternative Cancer Therapies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...