Monday, June 18, 2012

How much damage can you do in 36 hours?

(source)
Apparently a lot.

We had a friend's bachelorette weekend and it was by far one of the most fun weekends I've had in a long time. 10 girls in a beach house, Friday & Saturday nights, lots of beer, wine, and jello shots. We all had to bring food and supplies since it was a rental, and I made some "healthier" options- potato salad, tuna salad, watermelons and other fruit, hummus.

Guess what I ended up eating?

Cheez-its- lots of them. Potato chips and dip. Italian subs (with white bread). Peanut butter filled pretzels. I pretty much survived on snacks and refined carbs Friday night and all of Saturday until dinner at 8:30 PM, and then housed some more snacks when we got home from the bars at 2 am.

Needless to say, yesterday morning when I woke up I felt like a tornado had been tearing up my stomach. That was by far the worst I've eaten in a long time, probably since I started caring about all this stuff 2 years ago.

Time to start over. I feel like Mondays are the perfect start-over-because-I-destroyed-my-life-this-weekend day. It's literally 12:30ish right now and I haven't felt hungry until about 30 seconds ago.


We'll see how long that lasts, but I am actually looking forward to taking a partying break because the last month or so of summer weekends have really been taking their toll. This happens every summer. I go nuts for about a month and burn myself out. I'm over it! Time to get some S-H-I-T done.

This is my bold statement of the day: I am not capable of drinking like I used to and am going to take it easy for the next month (until the wedding). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...