Monday, June 4, 2012

IN SEASON: June


Summer is here! Which means that so much great produce is in season. No excuses! We should all be eating a lot of fruit and veggies right now. I just finished planting most of our garden so the only thing we have been getting a lot of is strawberries. Better late than never I guess! But in a few weeks we should be in business with some of the things we planted. 

apricots
                                                 
corn

lettuce


watermelon

coconut

strawberries

cantaloupe

cherries

blueberries

peaches



As the weather gets warmer it is better to eat more fresh and cooling foods. No one wants to be a hot, sweaty mess! Take notice the difference in your body temperature and the way you feel when you eat a steak vs. a salad. I don't really have a problem with profusely sweating, but in the winter I am constantly freezing. And I don't eat much more than hot soups, stews, sauces, and more meat because that really keeps me warm. The type of food you eat really does make a difference in how much you sweat. 

Eat more fruits and vegetables!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...