Saturday, June 30, 2012

My New Favorite Thing


So last weekend my family was over for dinner and my mother told of something that one of our Ecuadorian nannies made during their stay with us as kids.

ONIONS MARINATED IN LIME JUICE!

As soon as I heard it I had to try it. SUCCESS! I cut up 1/2 an onion, juiced 12 limes (probably could have gotten away with 8), and let it sit all day. O-M-G people...O-M-G! haha so amazingly good. I put them on steak fajitas I made and was amazed at how tasty they were. I was literally eating them plain after we were finished.

This is one thing I am going to make all the time because it is that good. I'm about as obsessed with this as I am with mint.

Try it this weekend people! If you like onions but aren't to hot on eating them raw this is a great alternative that doesn't give you stank breath. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...