- 1 c. whole wheat flour
- 1 c. organic bread flour
- 1 pkt. yeast
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1/4 c. water + enough to make a ball of dough
- Put the water, sugar, and yeast in bowl and mix.
- After 5 minutes, add in flour, salt, and start mixing.
- Add in water until a firm ball is formed. (shouldn't need more than 1 cup)
- Let rise for 45 min.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Sprinkle pan or stone with cornmeal.
- Roll out out dough and brush with olive oil.
- Add toppings & bake for 30 minutes.
Toppings 5 Ways:
- goat cheese, sliced green apples, onions, and rosemary (pictured above)
- fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, eggplant & fresh basil
- feta cheese, olives, tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, bacon, & fresh thyme
- shredded mozzarella, tomatoes, garlic, peppers, onions, artichokes & sun-dried tomatoes
- Muenster cheese, tomatoes, diced Brussels sprouts, broccoli, & garlic
After brushing the dough with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and layer on the cheese and/or tomatoes, then the toppings, then more cheese! By adding all of the vegetable toppings on you will find that you will use less cheese. Enjoy!!!
What is your favorite way to eat pizza?