Friday, February 24, 2012

Raw Generation Juices Coming Soon!

I swear....we are really going to be able to show something for
all this work!
We (my father and I) have made quite a bit of progress over the past 3 weeks. For a while I was overwhelmed  because there were a million things to do, but now we are at a point where things are really starting to come together.  First huge accomplishment...we decided on the name Raw Generation (which I think I told you about), second...we decided on a logo after about 18 different variations. Ta-daaaaah~


I know this wasn't even one of the original 9 that I asked your opinions on. We had settled on one of them, but then had some issues with how to apply it to our marketing materials so we went back to the drawing board (Photoshop) and it morphed into this! Hope you all like it as much as we do!

Third...on to the website. I have a love hate relationship with creating websites. A few years ago I decided I wanted to learn HTML/CSS so I could make my own websites. I bought one of those Dummies books (300+ pages) and started from scratch. The basic stuff worked when I did it, but as the code became more complicated I realized that I am not a natural nor do I have the patience/time to study PHP, Appache, JavaScript, & MySQL to figure out what the F was going on. So I Google'd "webesite creator" and found Wix.com

Wix.com worked (except on Apple computers) and it was right up my alley because it is drag and drop much like I am used to with Photoshop. Then I got into blogging, which Wix didn't have at the time. 

Enter WordPress. I HATE WORDPRESS! I spent literally the entire summer last year trying to build a blog/website in WordPress and after 60+ days of fudging around I had a glitchy site that looked nothing like I wanted it to. So I gave up and started this blog on Blogger. It has most of the functionality that I was looking for and I could customize it enough to be happy with the way it looks. If you know me you know that I am almost OCD about the way things look- my house, my websites, my graphics, the food I take photos of...aesthetics are ridiculously important to me. 

When it came time to start the Raw Generation website I needed something more powerful that included eCommerce. I did some looking around and found Shopify.com which was the only website creator I found that had a shopping cart, blog, and looked super easy to customize. It's also set up like a smart phone with apps you can download and they almost seamlessly integrate with your website. You don't have to fudge around with complicated code (like with WordPress) unless you want to. 

I think I literally started on this Wednesday of this week (2 days ago) and I already have more than half it done!!! Here's a sneak peak:


I am amazed at how easy it is to work in Shopify.com! WordPress should take some notes; they could really learn a thing or two from Shopify.

Have a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...