Friday, February 17, 2012

An Afternoon at the Salon


It is amazing how you can not see people for a decade and then all of a sudden they are back in your life. Recently a high school classmate, Kim- who owns a salon in Red Bank, NJ (my stomping ground) contacted me since we are both interested in organic food, holistic healing, etc, etc. Anyway, yesterday I went for a haircut and had a wonderful conversation about food, and beauty products, and relationships, and all things that are talked about at salons.

Her salon, True Concepts Hair Design, uses organic and vegan hair products from Simply Organic...including dyes, highlights, and straightening products! This is awesome, because I just recently became a little wary about the chemicals that are used to highlight my hair. And if you have fallen in love with the Brazilian straightening system, True Concepts uses an organic, formaldehyde free brand, Zerran, that is just as good (if not better)!

It's funny because it's not like I woke up one day and decided to completely change what I eat and the products that I use. It's been a gradual process (and often expensive) where some days a light bulb goes off in my head and I'm like "S-H-I-T! That probably has X/Y/Z (that I am trying to avoid) in it!" And the process starts all over again. I have to throw out stuff I just bought or give it to someone who isn't really concerned about this stuff.

Well if you are like me and care (or are starting to) about what you put on your head I would highly suggest looking up a salon that uses organic beauty products. What does organic mean in terms of hair?

  • vegan formulations
  • 100% paraben free
  • botanically based with soothing essential oils
  • perfume free
  • sulfate free
  • cruelty free, never tested on animals
  • formaldehyde free

Salons like this one are out there, so if this is something on your list to improve just seek and yee shall find! And! If you are in the central Jersey area and want a great haircut using organic products call up True Concepts at 732-747-2200.


Loved everything today Kim and Nicole!!! Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...