Monday, April 23, 2012

5 Weeks til Memorial Day Weekend!



So I just realized it's 5 weeks until Memorial Day weekend!!!! This is by far my favorite weekend of the year because it's the start of the summer and you have months of warm weather ahead of you. I wanted to make a point of sharing one of my long-term goals with all of you because I think it's an important one that everyone can relate to.

Being comfortable in your own skin. 

This has been an ongoing struggle for me for years. Growing up I would always compare myself to others and wishing I had what they did. I'm talking specifically about being thin, which looking back I was, but in my mind I was bigger than my friends. This is actually ridiculous because looking at pictures of myself, I was a toothpick.

In high school I ran track and life guarded. I was still a toothpick, and still thought I needed to be thinner, although I do remember at certain points feeling really good about myself and knowing that I was thin. There were always things to improve though. Looking back at pictures, I was COMPLETELY ridiculous feeling this way about myself. I was in the best shape of my life!!!

Enter college, learning to cook, drinking a lot, and becoming "comfortable" in a long term relationship. Looking back I can't believe I let myself go like that. I mean I didn't gain 100 lbs or anything, but I was dealing with some serious chub- for the first time in my life.

I didn't really start to lose it until about 2 years ago when I started changing my diet and working out consistently. Before I would binge workout, lose a few lbs, and then go right back to what had made me gain weight in the first place. It's a vicious cycle. But really I think the working out had much less to do with it  than the food did mainly because the weeks I had great results were the ones that I drastically changed what I ate while keeping my workouts the same.

I feel better about myself than I have in a long time, however those feelings of being uncomfortable still creep in. I still have "problem" areas that just aren't going away fast enough (haha nothing ever happens fast enough for me). But what is different now is I know how ridiculous I was, I know that I have a lot of things going for me, and I know that I am on the right path to making sure my body is healthy and my mind is happy. I want to be comfortable in my own skin.

So why does Memorial Day have to do with any of this?

Because summer is the time to wear little dresses and bathing suits. It's when I've tended to feel down on myself more because I haven't been comfortable in my body and I couldn't cover up in a sweater and jeans. I always felt like I was stuck with the weight and didn't know why it wasn't coming off.

I'm glad to say I don't feel like that anymore and I am actively working on it. And if you feel this way about yourself, there are very simple things you can do to make changes so you feel better about yourself. I think most of us have a comfortable weight we would like to be at. Whether we are there or not depends on a lot of things. But I promise you that being happy in your skin is one of the best things you can do for yourself and your long-term health.

If you feel that you need some help to get back on track in time for summer check out my breakthrough programs.

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...