Sunday, April 1, 2012

Girls, girls, girls!


Girls weekends are a must every once and a while. Good for the soul. We just cook, drink wine, hang out, go out for breakfast, drink coffee, and talk, talk, talk. Michelle and little Lauren come down in the winter every year and it's so nice. I feel a connection to my creative roots when I am with them.


I don't really know if there is any scientific evidence that would say that having good girlfriends is healthy for you, but I wouldn't doubt it. Or good man friends if you are manly. Either way, I personally think that having people in your life that understand you and inspire you is important for your health.

On a different note, today would have been Nani's 76th birthday. It is hard to believe that it's been almost 2 years since she passed away. So much has changed for me since then and it is because of her. I miss her when I think of her. But despite the fact that I wish she was here, if she wasn't maybe I wouldn't be doing what I am doing now. I love the path I am on and finally feel like I am doing something I love and something I really believe in. It's funny how things work out.

Happy Birthday Nani!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...