Tuesday, April 24, 2012

MINT: Part Deux

(Source)

Let's talk about drinks. I know you are thinking mojitos, which I love if made on the not-so-sweet side. But I'm going to talk about drinks that you can drink all day every day with mint. If I drank mojitos all day everyday I wouldn't have much in the way of cancer prevention to write about now would I?

First, a client of mine asked me the other day 'is there anything other than water that I can drink?' I said, 'well, tea or organic soda which is still sugary but at least it's not high fructose corn syrup.' But I completely forgot about iced tea! Like the kind you make from real tea bags, not the powdered S-H-I-T you buy in a can. (I could drink that sugar water all day everyday, but then I'd have nothing to write about and I'd be 400 lbs.)

Iced Tea = a pitcher w/ a few teabags, boiling water, and MINT! 

It's that simple. Just stick it in the refrigerator and drink when cool, or you can pour it into a large cup with ice and it's instant. So refreshing!

(Source)
Another thing you can do is juice mint! Here is my #1 refreshing juice that still has the dark greens in it so you are getting a ton of vitamins and minerals.

  • 2 apples
  • 3 mint sprigs
  • 3 handfuls spinach
  • 1 head kale
  • 1/2 cucumber
AMAZEBALLS! If you have a juicer I highly recommend you try this recipe. The apple, cucumber, and mint will cover up the bitter taste of the kale.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...