Tuesday, April 10, 2012

What's in your mouth?


Many people have cavity fillings. But what many people don't know is that their "silver" fillings are not actually silver. They are 50% mercury. Yes mercury! The same stuff that we are told to be wary of when eating certain fish- especially during pregnancy. But it is perfectly fine for the American Dental Association to approve it to be drilled into our mouths and remain there for a lifetime.

Something's not right here, right?


1 gram of mercury can make the fish in a 20 acre lake unfit to eat for an entire year. Why then are dentists pumping our mouths full of the stuff? What the hell?
Studies show that mercury is the MOST toxic heavy metal to your body; this excellent new documentary film, Mercury Undercover, exposes the dangers of mercury contamination to human health and to the environment
The number one source of mercury pollution is coal-fired power plants. Second position is held by dental practices due to amalgam fillings, which are 50 percent mercury
Dental amalgams, used for more than 150 years, continue to be used by half of the dentists in North America despite a mountain of evidence they slowly leak toxic mercury into your body, and are particularly dangerous for children and pregnant women
Mercury becomes a “biochemical train wreck in your body,” causing your cell membranes to leak, and inhibit key enzymes your body needs for energy production and removal of toxins. Mercury toxicity can lead to major inflammation and chronic illnesses such as Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease
The FDA, in partnership with the ADA, have been successful for many years in concealing the dangers of amalgam from the public, but organizations such as the Consumers for Dental Choice are making inroads toward getting mercury banned from dentistry worldwide. (Original Source)
This just started coming into my radar recently, and fortunately for me I don't have amalgam fillings. But if you do (you would know because they are silver in color) I would strongly suggest looking into getting them refilled with porcelain fillings. And if you do decide to get the mercury fillings taken out of your mouth it is VERY  important to have them replaced the correct way.

Here's some more info about safe removal https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http://www.iaomt.org/articles/files/files288/Safe%2520Removal%2520of%2520Amalgam%2520Fillings.pdf&pli=1

Other Links:
FDA Warns: Don't put this on your skin but you can put it in your mouth
The Hidden Trigger to Alzheimer's and Parkinson's That 75% of People Carry
A Victory for Health -- FDA Forced to Admit That Mercury Fillings are Hazardous

Please do yourself a favor and check into this if you have "silver" fillings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...