Thursday, April 5, 2012

Juice is a flowin

testing juice recipes

Well ladies and gents...after a bunch of disgusting tasting juice experiments we have made some progress. Progress is a funny thing. You go into something with your preconceived notions of how something will taste or how easy something will be. I honestly thought that it would be quick coming up with a recipe. Hours and hours later I realize it is an art, much like baking. 

I am not a baker. I cook. And when I cook I usually go by smell and taste and ad a sprinkle here and a dash there. This is nothing of the sort because our base (dark green leafy vegetable juice) is such a bitter flavor that it throws everything off. And it smells like grass X 10. So, we had to do it the old fashioned way and try many many different flavor combos. 

We started out with a base of 50% dark green juice- kale, collards, spinach, swiss chard & wheat grass. KILLER! And let me tell you it was a lot harder to cover up that bitter taste than I thought. But in the end we prevailed over the vegetables. And I didn't throw up which was AMAZING considering the fact that I was nauseous after drinking all those nasty flops.  

One recipe (almost) down! Many more to come!
Raw Generation fresh raw unpasteurized juice


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...