Tuesday, December 27, 2011

I'm F.I.N.E.


I made it through Christmas with only 2 freak outs. With that being said I actually had an amazing weekend, and I know not to expect perfection because no matter how hard you try things tend not to turn out exactly the way you plan.

I listened to a lecture last week from John Douillard, PhD, who is an expert in Ayurvedic medicine and lifestyles. Anywho, he was talking about when women say they are fine. Ladies you know what I'm talking about. When you are in an argument with someone and instead of actually saying how you feel you say...I'm FINE. Most guys take this at face value and don't ask you what's wrong, in turn feeding your psychosis. Well John Douillard summed it up quite nicely.

FINE= Freaked Out, Insecure, Neurotic, & Emotional

I used to be a pro at this. Pretending I wasn't upset and stuffing my feelings came natural to me, and caused me a lot of extra frustration because instead of just airing out my beef when it came up...I would stuff it, let it simmer and stir, analyse every single aspect of it, let it simmer, progressively getting angrier until I EXPLODED on whoever pissed me off. 

Now that I am older and wiser I just let it all out as soon as I get pissed off. It's actually so much better (for me, maybe not for everyone else) and rids me of a lot of potential anxiety. It also isn't healthy to walk around with so much anger/frustration/hostility/resentment etc.,etc.

So ladies...next time you feel inclined to say you are FINE. Take a deep breath, and let it all out. It is no good to let it simmer, AND guys don't take hints. You need to S-P-E-L-L it out for them. 

Being a psychopath is not pretty....even if you have perfect hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...