I hate it when people say they are going to lose weight for their new year's resolution. That's so vague. How are you going to go about losing weight? What are the specific steps that you are going to take to lose weight? How much weight do you want to lose? What are your benchmark goals? How will you eat? What types of workouts will you do? (Can't you tell I'm a Type A personality? haha)
See what I mean? I used to be one of those people with lofty vauge aspirations and no follow through. I think the reason I never followed through was because I never had a plan. I never laid out the specifics of how I was to accomplish what I wanted to accomplish (usually to lose weight).
Well I'm over trying to lose weight mainly because I know that if I keep eating the way I am with moderate workouts I will keep losing.
I am on to bigger and better things. My specific goals for 2012 are:
- finish my book (I just finalized scope)
- figure out which publishing route I am going to take
- grow my readership to 10,000 reads per day (I am at 1900+ this month)
- create and sell and app for android/iPhone (details TBD)
- work towards seeing 40 health counseling clients per month (starting in March)
- vacation at least once (Rincon, PR is calling my name)
- start saving $ to buy land/design & build a house (not ready yet, but want to have $$ by the time I am)
Something funny happened last night that made me re-evaluate what I am doing. I REALIZED I GOT TOO COMFORTABLE. For the past 2 years I have been working on my own an with my father. The money wasn't great, but the flexibility made up for it. I don't need flexibility right now...I need money! I realized that I am too comfortable and I will never grow (professionally) if I keep on this track. I am not exactly sure of what I will do, but I know that I need to make some changes. I am in my money making prime right now because I have no kids and no real responsibilities other than dragging myself out of bed to get to work. Yeah I have some socked away, but there are things I want to do (build a house, be able to have flexibility when I eventually have children, travel more) that require a lot of money.
2012 is about to be blasted with my Type-A-Agenda!