Tuesday, December 6, 2011

RAW: Cabbage


While I am not focusing on trying to be 100% raw for the time being, I am still interested in simple raw recipes. This one includes a Cancer Fighting Superstar- cabbage! Cabbage is inexpensive, flavorful, and diverse. Mark Bittman, one of my favorites, shows you a great raw cabbage recipe.

One of my favorites is egg noodles with sauteed cabbage and onions (and lots of butter). It is the best comfort food which also incorporates some veggies. Try it one day- you will fall in love!

Another healthy way to eat cabbage is sauerkraut. This one is near and dear to my Polish heart. I grew up eating pierogi and sauerkraut, but the best is sauerkraut stuffed in the pierogi. It is hard to find that unless you are close to a Polish deli, however. Either way, sauerkraut is a healthful fermented food.

What is your verdict on sauerkraut? Yay? or Nay?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...