Meet Hot Toddie. He is wonderful in a pinch, if you want to let your hair down, or are feeling a little under the weather. A date with him doesn't require you to get all dolled up and freeze your ass off waiting on some line. He is totally unpretentious, warms you up, and relaxes you.
Yesterday, as the day wore on I started to get that 'I think I'm getting sick' feeling, and after dinner I knew it was so. I was hoping I could sleep it off, but unfortunately that was not in the cards for today. I was slow as molasses, and very unfocused but I had to stay at work to get things done and also because I had a much-needed hair appointment tonight that I wouldn't have cancelled even if I was dying.
I thought I was in the clear, but something got through my defenses. I was just thinking this week that I can't remember the last time I was sick (or semi-sick like today). This is one of those instances where if I just suck up my Friday night out it will be gone soon. So here is my 'I-am-getting-sick-and-I-don't-have-time-to-be-sick' routine:
- Get home, take off my clothes and put on sweats & a fuzzy bathrobe w/ cushy socks
- Take 1500mg of Vitamin C & 50mg of Zinc
- Do the neti pot (if you don't know what that is I will explain below)
- Put a few drops of ear oil in each ear
- Make a Hot Toddie
- 1 cup tea (I used echinacea)
- 1 slice lemon juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 shot of cognac (I didn't have that so I used Jack Daniels- which I think has been on my liquor shelf for at least 2 years...not really sure where it came from)
- Get into bed with a good book (still in your robe) and try to sweat your ass off
Anyway, time to get into bed and RELAAAAXXXXXX! G-night!
What are your 'I-am-getting-sick-and-I-don't-have-time-to-be-sick' remedies?
12/3 UPDATE: Worked like a charm...I'm ready now to undertake this giant task of catching up on a month of school work, studying for a test and going to a wedding tonight. Have a wonderful Saturday!