Friday, December 16, 2011

Motivation to Go RAW

I tried going raw a few weeks ago, and had some issues. It was all mental. It was also influenced by my habits. When it is cold out I want to eat warm, hearty foods. I also love to cook, and just preparing food was not satisfying to me. SO...I am putting that on the back burner until spring when it warms up and I am more inclined to live on fruit and salads.

I do not believe that it is necessary to go all raw to be healthy...not even close. I believe that by just adding in more whole foods to your diet you can attain great benefits. It's the 80/20 rule which states that you get 80% of the results from 20% of the work.

I believe that you will be able to do what is right for your body. Take my father for instance. He has been 100% raw for over 30 days now, and has said it is really agreeing with him. He has also seen AMAZING weight loss results too, so I'm sure that is a motivating factor. Going raw, however, is not something that I would just jump into. It is a big change, and even though your body may really love it, your mind a whole other animal.

Here are some trailers to documentaries on going raw that I have seen and are very informative and motivating.

Raw for 30 Days

Fat Sick & Nearly Dead

Food Matters

Forks Over Knives

I have watched all of these with the exception of the first one. My favorite, and the one that influenced my father the most, was Fat Sick & Nearly Dead. It was less scientific and more a touching story about two people who randomly cross paths, in turn changing both of their lives for the better. It is really amazing what the power of motivation can do to human lives.

What motivates you to make improvements in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...