It is a mad house out there. I really feel for everyone who is battling the crowds to get their last minute shopping done. If you are one of those lucky millions who didn't plan ahead...keep a few things in mind:
- It is Christmas not Armageddon
- You stressing yourself out will not get things done any faster
- Nothing is ever perfect no matter how hard you try...SO STOP TRYING!!!
- Prioritize- do you really need more Christmas choch? do you really need to return something today?
- Keeping your sanity is much more important than having every present wrapped perfectly
- Baked potatoes are a great side that can feed any number of people and can be made in one step- put in oven
- When you get home, put on some soothing music, drink a glass of wine (or double vodka on the rocks), and make a list- then scratch off half of that list and start moving
- You're welcome!
Merry Christmas! I won't be writing until next week sometime.... taking the weekend off. I hope everyone makes it through this weekend and comes out on the other side with funny stories about their "normal" family, un-PC comments, gifts they can re-gift, and all 10 fingers.